Documentary Smore / Padlet Audience Reflection

• #5 – Super Size Me

– This documentary is about how a very healthy individual, who eats clean and exercises, can become unhealthy due to eating fast food as well as any sort of junk food. I gave this documentary the number 5 spot because even though it shows you how bad fast food is for your body, it also promotes the fast food restaurants because they are quick and easy instead of making dinner yourself.

#4 – Making a Murderer

– This documentary is about a man who has been sentenced to live in prison but is wrongly convicted of the crime. I gave this documentary the number 4 spot because not a whole lot of teenagers are into these types of films. I am not knocking the documentary but I just do not think a lot will watch this.

#3 – The Interrupters

– This documentary is about the violence that takes place in Chicago and how ex gang members, who have served time, are trying to help the guys who are involved with gang related violence. I gave this documentary the number 3 spot because it will show teenagers if you hangout with the wrong people, they can be a bad influence. It also raises awareness about the violence that takes place in Chicago and shows how these men are trying to make a difference in their community.

#2 – Rich Hill

– This documentary is about three kids whose families are poor and do not have a lot. They show how they make time past and what they want to do in the future. They are the true example of people who are happy with what they have and want no more than what they need. I gave this documentary the number 2 spot because it teaches teenagers that there are some kids that are happy and get by with the things that they have even if its not enough. This shows you how lucky you are to have the things you have at the moment because at any point it can be taken away.

#1 – Sound of Fury

– This documentary is about two families that have someone deaf and how they struggle to decide if they want the younger ones, who are deaf, get cochlear implants. These implants can help a deaf kid at a young age to be able to get his or her hearing back and be able to learn how to speak in the future. I gave this documentary the number 1 spot because it not easy to be deaf let alone try implants that may not work. This will show teenagers what it is really like to be deaf your whole life and show how a family can be ripped apart cause of it.